Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
If you are NOT a New York resident, your initial visit at Great Health 365 must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email contact with their Great Health 365 provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
Please provide a 24-hour notice of appointment cancellation with a Great Health 365 doctor, health coach or team member, either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan, nor do we bill insurance.
2. We do not provide acute care to our patients. If you are experiencing a medical emergency you should call 911 or proceed to an emergency room.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Non-Great Health 365 medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Great Health 365 will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Great Health 365 physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Great Health 365.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Great Health 365 doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing outside of the supervision of Great Health 365 you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Great Health 365, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Great Health 365 because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Great Health 365 is right for you.